Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday happenings

 
Yesterday I finished a Christmas quilt for a friend.
Like anything I do, it is in non-traditional colors.  I am planning on making this for my entry too, cut extra so that I can whip it together super fast. 


This quilt was pieced, of course I did my wonky strip piecing although the pattern called for straight pieces, and a little bit of applique  Now if you are a papercrafter you will recognise the ornaments are from Spellbinders.  Yes these dies can cut fabric too.  I usually stabilize the fabric first with steam-a-seam 2, make the cutting process much easier.
 
Here is what the pattern looks like (below).  You can buy it here.
 
 
I'm rather happy with my version and if you know anything about me you know that I choose not to follow patterns.  I know bad quilter!
 
Well have a happy Wednesday!
 
Judy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin