Wednesday, August 27, 2014

#54 of 200...I'm back after a break

I miss doing my daily blog post, but mainly miss doing a daily art challenge.  So I am back!  And I hope you are back to reading my posts, pinning them and getting inspired.  I know I have inspired a friend to take up painting and a few more have my art hanging on their walls.  Thank you!


I am still wanting to continue my 200 works and this is how I am going to do it.  My darling husband, Keith, bought me this book, One Watercolor A Day by Veronica Lawlor. 


I have been drooling of the pages for a few weeks and thought I just have to do it or do something!  So I bought a watercolor journal to start.  Here is the secret, I have always wanted to work on an art journal but have no idea where to start, but this would be a great way to add color to pages and as I get going I may get braver.

The first day was to just add color to the page, swipe it, drop it or smudge it.


This is my page, was not happy with my color choices so I started doodling on it.  Something about adding black little bubbles on the page felt good.  I think I need to continue with some circle and words but the number one thing is I started!!

Although I took this as a starting prompt for me to do a mini art canvas.


This little canvas has the same philosophy.  Add color, let it blend together and see what you have.  Oh my, it needed my little bubbles!  I think I really like the idea of doing watercolor with pen & ink.  Does this make me a mixed media artist?  But I didn't stop there...I pulled out my cold wax medium and sealed this work in wax.  I am listing this mini on my Etsy shop and there will be many more to come.

Still excited that I started a art journal, did an abstract watercolor, added a new medium and got me off my butt and into the studio to do some art.

I hope to see you again.  Enjoy the next 6 weeks of watercolors with the Judy spin.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin