Friday, February 13, 2015

Weekly recap...

Can I say there has been so much going on this week?  I could write a huge list, but I won't.  I did the artist event last week-end which was quite fun.  Hanging with other artists was nice and I didn't feel like I didn't fit in.  I have done craft fairs and I don't usually fit in, but this time people got me.

So this post is to recap this week since I didn't get a chance to write.




Event was worth it and I felt fearless, so check!  I achieved my goal and sold a little at the same time.  But while that was going on I got 3 special orders on my Etsy and my Facebook page...yeah!


Then the really BIG news came in via email.  I got 1 email that said they want to publish my work and have me write a featured article. WHAT!?!  Yeah, happy dance....re-read the email on Monday and in fact I am writing TWO featured articles on two different items.  Oh my...it didn't stop there because I got another email that one of my smaller items will also be in the readers gallery in the back of the magazine also and they need a blurb on that too.  So I guess I know what I will be working on this next week.  I can't wait to share with you what magazine, but it comes out June 2015.  I will keep you posted.


So I will share with you my new wearable art pendants that I have been painting this past week.  Let's just say I am taking the mini painting to an extreme.  I have a bunch to be added to my Etsy shop each day, but if you want one in a certain color please contact me at scrampalot@gmail.com




With all this good news, it has been a very stressful week.  My daughter is getting ready for her brain and spinal surgery on the 20th.  So to get her ready for them to shave her head for surgery,  we decided to thin out her hair a bit.



I think it looks great and we do know they will be shaving a stripe down the back of her head but I'm sure we can work with it.  That was an emotional day of cutting off her hair, shaving it and accepting that it is really going to happen.  But she was a trooper with all the pre-op testing.

Overall the week came with some joys and some tears.  May you have a wonderful week-end.  I think we are going to be low key this week-end.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin